We have compiled the latest UKG syllabus for free download in PDF format. Use this syllabus to create a personalized study plan for your child. Our UKG syllabus not only includes all required topics from educational boards, but also includes additional activities and advanced topics to improve problem-solving, imagination, and comprehension skills.
UKG Class Syllabus for CBSE, ICSE and Cambridge Boards
UKG is an important phase in a child’s education as it introduces them to basic concepts that lay the foundation for future learning. We have developed the latest UKG syllabus based on guidelines from major educational boards in India, including the CBSE, ICSE, and Cambridge boards. The syllabus is designed to support children’s overall development and prepare them for future challenges.
Subject-wise syllabus for UKG
- UKG Syllabus for English
- UKG Syllabus for Maths
- UKG Syllabus for General Awareness
- UKG Syllabus for EVS
- UKG Syllabus for Hindi
- UKG Rhymes
UKG English Syllabus
In this section you can find the UKG english syllabus. It covers topics like identification of alphabets, its usage, reading words and small sentences, making simple and short sentences.
- Sound of letters
- Objects related to letters
- Vowels and Consonants
- Vowel words
- Article a/an
- This-That & These – those
- One- Many
- Rhyming words
- Reading words and sentences.
- Use of Genie board, flash cards, oral interaction, written work, worksheets, storytelling and enactment.
- Picture composition, making sentences with certain words or structure and use of ‘in’, ‘on’ and ‘under’ in sentences.
UKG Maths Syllabus
In this section you can find the upper kg maths syllabus. It covers topics like comparisons, identification of shapes, identification , counting of numbers between 1- 100, basic subtraction, addition and identification and usage of few basic colors.
- Right- Left
- Front – Back
- Top – Bottom
- Count and write, colour and match
- Before, After, Between number (1-100)
- Forward and Backward counting (1-50)
- Number names (1-50)
- Skip counting 2 & 5
- Picture Addition
- Picture Subtraction
- Simple addition & subtraction using objects
- Addition and subtraction without objects or pictures
Red, Yellow, Blue (Shades – Light & Dark)
Orange, Green, Purple (Shades – Light & Dark)
Black, White, Pink (Shades – Light & Dark)
UKG General Awareness Syllabus
In this section you can find the upper KG general awareness syllabus. It covers topics like understanding our body, identifying and knowing about animal kingdom, mode of transports and seasons.
- Parts of body
- Sense organs
- My Home
- My Family
- My School
- Animals and their sounds
- Animals and their young ones
UKG EVS Syllabus
In this section you can find the upper KG EVS syllabus. It covers basics of our environment and people around us. Following are the topics that will be taught in classes for this session.
- Talking different types of transport as well as proving a demonstration in vehicles
- A visit to a police station or post office
- Introduction to traffic rules and safety
- Project on collecting a few living and non-living things
- Introduction to air, water and sound pollution
UKG Hindi Syllabus
In this section you can find the UKG hindi syllabus. It covers topics like identification of alphabets, vowels, consonants and its uses.
- Alphabets – अक्षर
- Vowels (a-ah) – स्वर (अ-अः)
- Consonants (k-gya) – व्यंज़न (क-ज्ञ)
- Knowledge of matras (a-ah) – मात्राओ का ज्ञान (अ-अः)
- Learn to use consonants (k-gya) – व्यंज़न (क-ज्ञ) मात्राऍ लगाना ।
UKG Rhymes Syllabus
Rhymes that will be taught in UKG are given below:
UKG Rhymes 1
Rabbits, Rabbits (1, 2, 3) Will you come and play with me? Camels, Camels 4, 5, 6 Why do you have a hump like this? Monkeys, Monkeys 7, 8, 9 Will you teach me how to climb? When I’ve counted up to 10 The elephant says, now start again.
UKG Rhymes 2
ALL ABOUT ME This is my head This is the circle, that is my head, (make a large circle with both hands) This is my mouth, with which words are said. (point to mouth) These are eyes, with which I see, (point to eyes) This is my nose; that’s a part of me. (point to nose) This is the hair, that grows on my head, (point to hair) And this is my hat, all pretty and red. (place hands on head, fingers pointing up and touching)
UKG Rhymes 3
The Peapod Five little peas, In a peapod pressed One grew, two grew, And so did all the rest. They grew, and grew, And did not stop, Until one day the peapod popped.
Download UKG Syllabus in Pdf
Download and take a printout of this syllabus and club it with our worksheet collection to give perfect touch to your kids early education.
Common Questions Related to UKG Syllabus
The correct age for UKG is between 4-5 years. Though there will be certain relaxations in upper age limit in most of the schools
In India, the educational authorities have the authority to release the UKG syllabus for the 2023 academic year. The four major boards in India that release these syllabuses are the CBSE, ICSE, Cambridge board, and state boards. These boards are responsible for determining the curriculum and learning goals for children in the UKG grade in India, and the syllabus they release serves as a guideline for teaching and learning in UKG classrooms across the country.
In UKG, children should be working towards the following learning goals:
1. Developing reading and language skills, including the ability to read words and sentences aloud
2. Engaging in social conversations and interactions with others
3. Using a range of tools and activities, such as flashcards, oral interaction, written work, worksheets, storytelling, and enactment, to explore their creativity
4. Reviewing and reinforcing their English language skills.