We have curated the latest UKG syllabus which you can download for free in pdf and use it to create a study plan for your kid. While creating this UKG class syllabus we have kept in mind that, it should not only cover all the topics suggested by boards but also include activities and advanced topics to enhance the skills of problem solving, imagination and grasping powers.
UKG Class Syllabus for CBSE, ICSE and Cambridge Boards
UKG is an important phase of every kid, as it introduces them to very simple yet critical basics that becomes stepping stone for future education. We have curated the latest UKG syllabus based on guidelines by CBSE, ICSE and Cambridge boards. These UKG syllabus is designed to ensure the overall development of your kids and make them ready for future challenges.
Informations covered in this article:
- UKG Syllabus for English
- UKG Syllabus for Maths
- UKG Syllabus for General Awareness
- UKG Syllabus for EVS
- Common Questions Related to UKG Syllabus
UKG English Syllabus
In this section you can find the UKG english syllabus. It covers topics like identification of alphabets, its usage, reading words and small sentences, making simple and short sentences.
- Sound of letters
- Objects related to letters
- Vowels and Consonants
- Vowel words
- Article a/an
- This-That & These – those
- One- Many
- Rhyming words
- Reading words and sentences.
- Use of Genie board, flash cards, oral interaction, written work, worksheets, storytelling and enactment.
- Picture composition, making sentences with certain words or structure and use of ‘in’, ‘on’ and ‘under’ in sentences.
UKG Maths Syllabus
In this section you can find the upper kg maths syllabus. It covers topics like comparisons, identification of shapes, identification , counting of numbers between 1- 100, basic subtraction, addition and identification and usage of few basic colors.
- Right- Left
- Front – Back
- Top – Bottom
- Count and write, colour and match
- Before, After, Between number (1-100)
- Forward and Backward counting (1-50)
- Number names (1-50)
- Skip counting 2 & 5
- Picture Addition
- Picture Subtraction
- Simple addition & subtraction using objects
- Addition and subtraction without objects or pictures
Red, Yellow, Blue (Shades – Light & Dark)
Orange, Green, Purple (Shades – Light & Dark)
Black, White, Pink (Shades – Light & Dark)
UKG General Awareness Syllabus
In this section you can find the upper KG general awareness syllabus. It covers topics like understanding our body, identifying and knowing about animal kingdom, mode of transports and seasons.
- Parts of body
- Sense organs
- My Home
- My Family
- My School
- Animals and their sounds
- Animals and their young ones
UKG EVS Syllabus
In this section you can find the upper KG EVS syllabus. It covers basics of our environment and people around us. Following are the topics that will be taught in classes for this session.
- Talking different types of transport as well as proving a demonstration in vehicles
- A visit to a police station or post office
- Introduction to traffic rules and safety
- Project on collecting a few living and non-living things
- Introduction to air, water and sound pollution
Download UKG Syllabus in Pdf
Download and take a printout of this syllabus and club it with our worksheet collection to give perfect touch to your kids early education.
Common Questions Related to UKG Syllabus
UKG Syllabus is based on guidelines of leading educational boards and consists of four subjects- English, Maths, EVS and General Awareness. UKG curriculum introduces the kids to simple foundational basics of all of these 4 subjects.
The correct age for UKG is between 4-5 years. Though there will be certain relaxations in upper age limit in most of the schools
All boards in India have rights to issue their own syllabus. There are four major boards in India that releases these syllabus, They are CBSE, ICSE, Cambridge board and state boards.