Lower KG is an important phase of every kid, as it introduces them to the beginning of education. We have curated the latest LKG syllabus based guidelines by CBSE, ICSE, and Cambridge boards. This LKG syllabus is curated to ensure the overall development of your kids and make him ready for future challenges.
KG 1 English Syllabus
In this section, you can find the LKG English syllabus. It covers topics like the identification of alphabets, reading, and matchmaking.
- Standing line
- Sleeping line
- Left Slanting line
- Right Slanting line
- Left Curve
- Right Curve
- Up Curve
- Down Curve
Alphabets & Basic Grammar
- Identification of alphabets using objects
- Objects related to each letter
- Small Letters & Capital Letters
- Matching capital and small
- Vowels and Consonants
- Phonic Drill
- Vowel words
- Rhyming words to improve listening skills
- Differentiate between gender and pairing
KG 1 Maths Syllabus
Here we have presented the LKG maths syllabus. Maths of lower KG covers topics like numbers, identification, and counting, colors, comparisons, identification of shapes.
Numbers ( 1-50)
- Count and Match with quantities
- Count and Write/Tick/Circle
- Count and Colour
- Before, After and Between Numbers (1-10)
- Number names (1-10)
- Complete the pattern
- Joining dots/missing numbers
- Zero activity (develop the concept of Numbers)
- Red, Yellow, Blue
- Orange, Green, Purple
- Black, White, Pink
KG 1 General Awareness Syllabus
In this section, you can find the LKG general awareness syllabus. General awareness for LKG covers topics like understanding our body and basic body parts, identifying common animal kingdom, the basic mode of transports, and seasons.
- My Body Parts
- My Family
- My Birthday
- My Home
- My School
- At home
- On the road
- At the Playground
- Security Guard
KG 1 Environmental Science Syllabus
The latest EVS syllabus for LKG consists of following topics
- Common objects with missing parts.
- Parts and organs of the body and their use.
- Good habits and manners
- Spreading awareness about the environment through picnics, trips, etc.
- Understanding of the concept of time by explaining weeks, months, and years.
Download Lower KG Syllabus for CBSE, ICSE and Cambridge Boards in PDF
Download and take a print out of the curriculum for LKG and use it for preparing your kids for school.
LKG Syllabus is based on guidelines of leading educational boards and consists of four subjects- English, Maths, EVS, and General Awareness. LKG curriculum introduces the kids to the basics of these subjects.
LKG grades are very easy and focus on very simple topics. One can easily excel in the LKG class by following this syllabus and our LKG worksheet series.
LKG grade focuses on topics like alphabet identification and tracing, numbers between 1-50, shapes, size, comparisons, our body, and nature around us.