HC Verma is one of the best and go-to books for foundational physics. It covers all topics for physics which can be used for competitive and school exams.
We have updated the solutions for HC Verma concepts of physics part 1 and part 2. You can download the solutions in PDF for each chapter.
HC Verma Solutions for Concepts of Physics Part 1 and Part 2
HC Verma Concepts of physics book is divided into two parts 1. Concept of Physics Part 1 covering chapter 1 to chapter 22 & 2. Concept of Physics Part 2 covering chapter 23 to chapter 47. We have curated the detailed step-by-step solution for HC Verma’s concepts of physics. You can also check out our HC Verma Solutions for short answer questions
Download HC Verma Solutions for Vol 1
Here we are providing detailed chapter-wise solutions to the exercise questions of HC Verma Part 1.This is the best book in physics for the students who are preparing for engineering entrance examinations. Also, this book is very helpful in developing physics concepts especially for class 11.
- Chapter 1 Introduction to Physics
- Chapter 2 Physics and Mathematics
- Chapter 3 Rest and Motion Kinematics
- Chapter 4 The Forces
- Chapter 5 Newton’s Laws of Motion
- Chapter 6 Friction
- Chapter 7 Circular Motion
- Chapter 8 Work and Energy
- Chapter 9 Centre of Mass Linear Momentum Collision
- Chapter 10 Rotational Mechanics
- Chapter 11 Gravitation
- Chapter 12 Simple Harmonic Motion
- Chapter 13 Fluid Mechanics
- Chapter 14 Some Mechanical Properties of Matter
- Chapter 15 Wave Motion and Waves on a String
- Chapter 16 Sound Waves
- Chapter 17 Light Waves
- Chapter 18 Geometrical Optics
- Chapter 19 Optical Instruments
- Chapter 20 Dispersion and Spectra
- Chapter 21 Speed of Light
- Chapter 22 Photometry
Download HC Verma Solutions for Vol 2
Here we are providing detailed chapter-wise solutions to the exercise questions of HC Verma Volume 2. This is the best book in physics for the students who are preparing for engineering entrance examinations. Also, this book is very helpful in developing physics concepts especially for students studying in class 12.
- Chapter 23 Heat and Temperature
- Chapter 24 Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Chapter 25 Calorimetry
- Chapter 26 Laws of Thermodynamics
- Chapter 27 Specific Heat Capacities of gases
- Chapter 28 Heat Transfer
- Chapter 29 Electric Field and Potential
- Chapter 30 Gauss’s Law
- Chapter 31 Capacitor
- Chapter 32 Electric Current in Conductors
- Chapter 33 Electric Current
- Chapter 34 Magnetic Field
- Chapter 35 Magnetic Field Due to Current
- Chapter 36 Permanent Magnets
- Chapter 37 Magnetic Properties of Matter
- Chapter 38 Electromagnetic Induction
- Chapter 39 Alternating Current
- Chapter 40 Electromagnetic Waves
- Chapter 41 Electric Current Through Gases
- Chapter 42 Photo-Electric Effect
- Chapter 43 Bohr’s Theory and Physics of Atom
- Chapter 44 X-Rays
- Chapter 45 Semiconductor and Semiconductor Devices
- Chapter 46 The Nucleus
- Chapter 47 The Special Theory of Relativity
In the case of JEE exams, the past trends are a proof that the pattern of these exams keeps changing, and therefore, simply referring to the HC Verma Concepts of Physics alone won’t suffice, since these books have remained the same over the past few years. Hence, you need to understand the changing pattern and accordingly modify your study patterns and refer to the latest books on physics. But one thing for sure this book is going to force you to delve into the details and the concepts and basics you acquire here is going to help a long way.
HC Verma concepts of physics helps you get deep understanding of the subject. It covers the advanced topics real well. But this book is not that essential to score good in your board exams, The actual impact of this would be in competitive exams.
You should always finish NCERT book before attempting this. NCERT book covers all the basic connecting topics too, which may not be covered in HC Verma. And in the exams you may encounter these foundational topics more as compared the advance one as covered in this book.
Time needed: 30 days.
How to study from HC Verma Concepts Of Physics?
The JEE exams basically test the conceptual understanding of physics. The HC Verma concepts of physics help the students in getting their basics and concepts of physics clear and strong, and therefore, these books are considered to be the best books for JEE preparation. However, you need to make the best use of these HC Verma Book, and below are a few tips that will help you in this regard:
- Start from beginning, do not skip chapters
Do not try to jump or skip chapters. Start from the first chapter and move ahead in a sequential manner.
Every chapter should be read fully. Studying small portions of a chapter and trying to attempt questions on the basis of this partial reading will not help. You need to understand each and every chapter fully.
- Attempt all example questions
After every chapter, there are example questions. One should attempt these questions and confirm that they have indeed understood the concepts discussed in the chapter.
- Use these solutions for reference
Exercise problems should be attempted without looking at the HC Verma solutions. Once solved, compare the answer with the given solution. Even if your answer is correct, compare the process for reaching the answer, and try to learn the faster and more accurate method of reaching the correct solution.