Here we have curated the class 1 syllabus based on the latest guidelines by CBSE. You can download the subject wise class 1 curriculum for free in pdf and use it to create a sweet & simple study plan for your kid.
Read time: 10 mins
Last updated: 08 July 2023
Download CBSE Class 1 Syllabus – All Subjects
The CBSE class 1 syllabus covers English, Mathematics, Hindi, Environmental Studies, General Knowledge, Arts and Craft, and Health and Physical Education. It aims to lay a solid foundation for students’ academic and personal growth, encouraging them to explore their surroundings, build their vocabulary, and develop essential skills.
Choose the subjects below and view the latest syllabus:
- Class 1 English syllabus
- Class 1 Hindi syllabus
- Class 1 Maths syllabus
- Class 1 EVS syllabus
- Class 1 General knowledges syllabus
- Class 1 Art & crafts syllabus
- Class 1 Health & physical education syllabus
CBSE Class 1 English Syllabus
The CBSE Class 1 English Syllabus is important for students as it helps them develop effective communication skills and facilitates their learning process.
- Unit 1: (i) A Happy Child (ii) Three Little Pigs
- Unit 2: (i) After a Bath (ii) The Bubble, the Straw and the Shoe
- Unit 3: (i) One Little Kitten (ii) Lalu and Peelu
- Unit 4: (i) Once I Saw a Little Bird (ii) Mittu and the Yellow Mango
- Unit 5: (i) Merry-Go-Round (ii) Circle
- Unit 6: (i) If I Were an Apple (ii) Our Tree
- Unit 7: (i) A Kite (ii) Sundari
- Unit 8: (i) A Little Turtle (ii) The Tiger and the Mosquito
- Unit 9: (i) Clouds (ii) Anandi’s Rainbow
- Unit 10: (i) Flying Man
- Chapter 1: Clap, Clap, Clap
- Chapter 2: One, Two
- Chapter 3: The Little Bird
- Chapter 4: Bubbles
- Chapter 5: Chhotu
- Chapter 6: Animals and Birds
- Chapter 7: Fruits and Vegetables
- Chapter 8: Who Am I?
- Chapter 9: Hide and Seek
- Chapter 10: Fun with Numbers
- Chapter 11: Shapes
- Chapter 12: Cats
- Chapter 13: Colours
- Chapter 14: Actions We Do
- Chapter 15: Left and Right
- Chapter 16: The Lion and the Mouse
- Chapter 17: Morning and Evening
- Chapter 18: May I Come In?
- Chapter 19: Action Song
CBSE Class 1 Hindi Syllabus
The Class 1 Hindi subject primarily focuses on reading stories with moral lessons. The CBSE has designed the Class 1 Hindi syllabus to make learning enjoyable and engaging for students. It plays a crucial role in developing effective communication skills and facilitating the learning process for students.
- पाठ 1: झूला
- पाठ 2: आम की कहानी
- पाठ 3: आम की टोकरी
- पाठ 4: पत्ते ही पत्ते
- पाठ 5: पकौड़ी
- पाठ 6: छुक-छुक गाड़ी
- पाठ 7: रसोईघर
- पाठ 8: चूहो! म्याऊँ सो रही है
- पाठ 9: बंदर और गिलहरी
- पाठ 10: पगड़ी
- पाठ 11: पतंग
- पाठ 12: गेंद-बल्ला
- पाठ 13: बंदर गया खेत में भाग
- पाठ 14: एक बुढ़िया
- पाठ 15: मैं भी
- पाठ 16: लालू और पीलू
- पाठ 17: चकई के चकदुम
- पाठ 18: छोटी का कमाल
- पाठ 19: चार चने
- पाठ 20: भगदड़
- पाठ 21: हलीम चला चाँद पर
- पाठ 22: हाथी चल्लम चल्लम
- पाठ 23: सात पूँछ का चूहा
CBSE Class 1 Maths Syllabus
Class 1 maths syllabus aims to introduce students to the basics of Mathematics in a simple and comprehensive manner. Through interactive activities and examples, students develop a strong foundation in mathematical skills and problem-solving abilities. The CBSE Class 1 Maths syllabus encourages real-life applications, fostering a love for the subject and building a strong mathematical base for future learning.
Class 1 math syllabus covers following topics and chapters:
- Chapter 1: Shapes and Space
- Chapter 2: Numbers from 1 to 9
- Chapter 3: Addition
- Chapter 4: Subtraction
- Chapter 5: Number from 10 to 20
- Chapter 6: Time
- Chapter 7: Measurement
- Chapter 8: Numbers from 21 to 50
- Chapter 9: Data Handling
- Chapter 10: Patterns
- Chapter 11: Numbers
- Chapter 12: Money
- Chapter 13: How Many
CBSE Class 1 Environmental Studies (EVS) Syllabus
The CBSE Class 1 EVS syllabus aims to develop students’ awareness and appreciation for their environment and the world around them. Through engaging activities and lessons, students will gain knowledge about their body, family, community, nature, and important life skills.
The CBSE Class 1 Environmental Studies (EVS) syllabus covers a wide range of topics to develop students’ understanding of their surroundings and the environment. The syllabus includes the following units:
|Unit 1 – I and my Body||(i) Introduction|
(ii) Parts of Body
|Unit 2 – Our Needs||(i) Food|
(ii) Water and Shelter
|Unit 3||(i) My Family|
(ii) Festivals & Celebrations
|Unit 4 – Means of Transport and Road Safety||(i) Means of Transport|
(ii) Road Safety
|Unit 5 – Plants and Animals around us||(i) Plants around us|
(ii) Animals Kingdom
|Unit 6 – My Neighbourhood||(i) Our Helpers|
(ii) Important Places
|Unit 7 – The Earth and The Sky||(i) Sun, Moon, Earth and Stars|
|Unit 8||(i) Good Habits|
(ii) Safety Habits
CBSE Class 1 General Knowledge Syllabus
The CBSE Class 1 General Knowledge syllabus offers a diverse range of topics to broaden students’ awareness and knowledge. It aims to enhance their understanding of the world around them while fostering curiosity, critical thinking, and an appreciation for cultural diversity and environmental conservation. The syllabus covers various engaging content, including animals, living spaces, sources of water, modes of transport, festivals of India, odd one out, spot the difference, saving electricity and water, national symbols of India, and important dates of the year. Through this syllabus, students are encouraged to explore, inquire, and develop a broader perspective of the world they inhabit.
It covers following topics:
- Living Spaces
- Sources of Water
- Modes of Transport
- Festivals of India
- Odd One Out
- Spot the Difference
- Save Electricity
- Save Water
- National Symbol of India
- Important Dates of the Year
CBSE Class 1 Arts and Craft Syllabus
The CBSE Class 1 Arts and Craft syllabus introduces students to a wide range of creative activities, fostering their imagination, creativity, and artistic abilities. Students will explore topics such as drawing different shapes, gaining knowledge of primary and secondary colours, and engaging in drawing and colouring various objects. Through these activities, students not only develop their fine motor skills but also cultivate a deep appreciation for the visual arts. The syllabus encourages students to express their unique ideas and perspectives, empowering them to unleash their creativity and nurture a lifelong love for artistic endeavors.
- Draw Different Shapes – Students will learn to draw various shapes, including circles, squares, triangles, and rectangles. They will understand the characteristics and properties of each shape through hands-on drawing exercises.
- Knowledge of Primary and Secondary Colours – Students will explore the primary colours (red, blue, and yellow) and secondary colours (orange, green, and purple). They will learn to identify and mix these colours to create new shades and hues, enhancing their understanding of colour theory.
- Drawing and Colouring of Different Objects – Through drawing and coloring exercises, students will develop their artistic skills and creativity. They will practice drawing and colouring different objects, such as fruits, animals, and everyday items, improving their fine motor skills and attention to detail.
CBSE Class 1 Health and Physical Education Syllabus
The CBSE Class 1 Health and Physical Education syllabus is designed to foster overall well-being and cultivate healthy habits among students. With a focus on physical and mental well-being, students will explore various topics that promote a balanced and healthy lifestyle. Through engaging activities and lessons, students will gain valuable knowledge and practical skills to develop a positive attitude towards their physical and mental health. The syllabus aims to instill lifelong habits that support their overall well-being, enabling them to lead healthy and fulfilling lives from an early age.
It covers following topics:
- Body Awareness: In this topic, students will gain an understanding of their body’s structure and functions. They will learn to identify different body parts and their roles. Emphasis will be placed on the significance of personal hygiene and how to maintain cleanliness for a healthy body. Additionally, students will explore the importance of maintaining correct body posture and engaging in regular physical movements for overall fitness.
- (i) Identify body parts
- (ii) Cleanliness of body
- (iii) Body posture and movements
- Exercise for Growth and Development of Body: This topic focuses on the importance of physical exercise in promoting growth and development. Students will learn age-appropriate exercises that help enhance strength, flexibility, and coordination. Through engaging activities, they will understand how exercise benefits their overall well-being and encourages a healthy lifestyle.
- Food and Nutrition: In this topic, students will understand the importance of food for energy and growth. They will learn to identify different food items and develop knowledge of various food groups. Emphasis will be placed on the significance of healthy eating habits and maintaining a balanced diet for overall well-being. Students will explore the benefits of nutritious food choices and understand the role of proper nutrition in their daily lives.
- (i) Need of food
- (ii) Identify different food items
- (iii) Eating habits and healthy diet
- Hygiene: This topic emphasizes the importance of maintaining hygiene for overall well-being. Students will learn about the importance of water for hydration and overall body functions. They will understand the significance of maintaining hygiene while using the toilet to promote cleanliness and prevent infections. Additionally, students will develop an understanding of other essential habits like bathing regularly and maintaining proper hand hygiene to support their overall health.
- (i) Importance of water in body
- (ii) Hygiene while using toilet
- (iii) Other habits like taking a bath, washing hands, etc.
Download CBSE Class 1 syllabus for free
Here you can download subject wise CBSE class 1 syllabus for free in PDF or image format
Download the syllabus in image png format
CBSE Class 1 Syllabus FAQ
Parents can support their child’s learning based on the CBSE Class 1 syllabus at home through:
• Establishing a dedicated study space.
• Maintaining regular communication with teachers.
• Encouraging daily reading habits.
• Assisting with homework and practice exercises.
• Incorporating educational activities and resources aligned with the syllabus.
• Celebrating the child’s achievements.
• Fostering a positive attitude towards learning.
The CBSE Class 1 syllabus promotes practical applications of learning in real-life situations. It establishes connections between classroom concepts and everyday experiences, helping students understand the relevance of their studies. Through activities, examples, and exercises, students apply their knowledge and skills in practical scenarios. For instance, in Mathematics, they solve problems related to counting, measurement, and money, reflecting real-world situations. In subjects like English and Hindi, students engage in reading and writing activities that relate to their immediate surroundings, enhancing communication skills. By emphasizing practical applications, the CBSE Class 1 syllabus equips students to make connections between their learning and real-life situations, preparing them for success beyond the classroom.