CHAPTER 4 WHY DO WE FALL ILL?
- Health is a state of physical, mental and social well-being.
- The health of an individual depends on his/her surroundings.
- Diseases are classified as acute or chronic depending on the duration for which they last.
- Diseases that last for a very short time are called acute. The diseases that last for a very long time are called chronic.
- Diseases may be due to infectious or non-infectious causes.
- Infectious agents belong to different categories or organisms. These may be unicellular or multicellular.
- The treatment for a disease depends on the type of the disease causing organism.
- Infectious agents spread through air, water and even physical contact. It is better to stay away from contaminated air and water.
- Preventing a disease is more important and necessary. Prevention is better than cure.